Alarmingly, both the Anti-Defamation League (here) and the Council on American Islamic Relations (here) report statistics pointing to a trend of increased attacks on Muslims and an escalation of anti-Muslim rhetoric. We have received many questions asking what we can do about the rise of Islamophobia in our community and elsewhere.
- Read this excellent editorial called “Dear Non-Muslim Allies, Now is the Time to Stand Up and Defend Your Fellow Citizens’ Human Rights”
- Send a letter of support to local mosques or Islamic organizations (listed here)
- Follow these organizations on Facebook: Islamic Foundation of Greater St. Louis, Council on American Islamic Relations (national and local), Anti-Defamation League (national and local)
- Interfaith Partnership Cabinet Statement, sent to all Muslim centers in St. Louis, December 2015
- St. Louis Mayor Francis Slay: There Should Be No Religious Test on Compassion
- “30 Facts about Islam” (external website)
- Peace and War in the World Religions
- Notes on Jihad and Jihad in Qur’an
- The Christian Just War Tradition
- Jesus and Mary in the Qur’an
- Biblical Prophets in the Qur’an
- Executive Summary of the “Open Letter to Dr. Ibrahim Awwad Al-Badri, alias ‘Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi,’ and to the Fighters and Followers of the Self-Declared ‘Islamic State,’” written by 126 prominent Muslim scholars from all over the world on September 19, 2014 (denouncing terrorism)
To submit resources, please contact Leslie Heberlie at firstname.lastname@example.org.